Author Topic: RED Mountain Archery???  (Read 4450 times)

Offline mainehunt

RED Mountain Archery???
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:10:22 pm »
Quick question, I see great pricing on bare shafts of POC from a company called Red Mountain Archery on eBay.

Have any of you bought any shafts or finished arrows from this place. It seems almost too good to be true kind of deal. (Maybe the shafts are junk?)

Kev
<><

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those that do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein

Offline sadiejane

Re: RED Mountain Archery???
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:38:11 pm »
well, i sorta thought the same thing. i bought 50 of the 30"  "specials" off their website. seem to be very good shafts. outta the 50  only found two that had bad runoffs and had to be discarded. the rest...well, have made numerous arrows and they shoot real nice.
wild women don't get the blues

Offline mainehunt

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 01:49:50 pm »
well, i sorta thought the same thing. i bought 50 of the 30"  "specials" off their website. seem to be very good shafts. outta the 50  only found two that had bad runoffs and had to be discarded. the rest...well, have made numerous arrows and they shoot real nice.

That is good to hear. They have some good deals. Like $32 for 25 shafts. They aren't weight grain matched, but that seems like a good deal to me.

What state are they in, do you know?

Kev
<><
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those that do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." -Albert Einstein

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 02:09:30 pm »
they sell those 30" shafts 50 for $72 plus shipping. which i thought was a great deal. they are located in utah.
wild women don't get the blues

Offline mainehunt

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:37:30 pm »
they sell those 30" shafts 50 for $72 plus shipping. which i thought was a great deal. they are located in utah.

Price just dropped to $68 plus shipping. a great deal.  I need to figure out what "pound" arrow to buy for my new bow. I bought a 45# longbow, not sure which spine arrow to order.

Kev
<><

Offline BowJunkie

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 03:32:10 pm »
I bought a dozen of 50/55's  11/32''  of POC  from them about a year ago,
still shooting them in the first bow I ever made.
I did find a few with grain run off, but since I was cutting them to 27.5'' lengths,, I was able to cut out the run off.
Johnny
in Texas

Offline mainehunt

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 03:43:10 pm »
I bought a dozen of 50/55's  11/32''  of POC  from them about a year ago,
still shooting them in the first bow I ever made.
I did find a few with grain run off, but since I was cutting them to 27.5'' lengths,, I was able to cut out the run off.

Good to hear, I think I'll get some from them.

Kev
<><

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 04:10:07 pm »
thats a great deal
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.