Author Topic: pics for Bear(updated pics)  (Read 3159 times)

Offline seabass

Re: pics for Bear
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 10:07:21 pm »
worked on the bow a little tonite.tring to make the bottom limb less stiff.she is still shooting great and i did leave the bottom limb a little stiffer.these are some updated pics of my progress.keep in mind that i am still not finished.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: pics for Bear(updated pics)
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 11:18:29 pm »
The yellow dust on your shirt proves it!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline seabass

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 12:40:25 am »
yes it does Chris.i made it look a little better.i still left the bottom limb a little stiffer than the top.i like how it is shooting to mess with it too much.i am good at making them to light by chasing the limbs back and forth.you know,rookie mistakes.i am tring to take it slow and learn some patience.i'll get better one day.i have 8 staves waiting.the next one is going to be really thin with a rounded belly.i have a great stave with a whole in it.may be my next project.ttyl,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 07:12:59 am »
You are welcome Steve,looks good,yes the bottom still looks a little stiff but if you like it and it shoots like you want that is really all that matters,looking forward to seeing it up close. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 10:07:03 am »
You seem to be holding the bow fairly high in its handle. Can't you grip it a bit lower? I'm not sure of the limb length, but in general I make both limbs the same length, and put my hand about one inch below the center of the bow. That puts my arrow about 1 inch above center. You seem to be gripping it very high, which might make the arrow shoot way above center. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but gripping it a bit lower might change the tiller and shooting characteristics a bit.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286