Author Topic: Just a hello  (Read 3362 times)

Offline R H Clark

Just a hello
« on: May 19, 2011, 04:26:18 pm »
Wanted to say hello to everyone.I've been lurking around here a while and might have asked one or two questions in a couple years.

I got back into trad archery about 15-20 years ago when I found a copy of Primitive Archer in a local grocery store.It wasn't long untill I had ordered #1 Traditional Bowyers Bible.I made my first Hickory bow since I was a kid but this time it was adult size.Suddenly archery was fun again.

I shot recurves and was into ILF bows and target archery for several years.Last year Eric Krewson helped me to build a real self bow.It was a BBO and a world above the clunky Hickory bows I had built in the past.I'm very interested in self bows again and hope soon to be working some more Osage into another fine bow.

Just wanted to say hello from a guy who feels like he's home again.
Randy Clark

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: Just a hello
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:35:51 pm »
Hey Randy, Welcome!  You mentioned Eric helped you build a bow are ya from AL too? 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline R H Clark

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:02:28 pm »
Hey Randy, Welcome!  You mentioned Eric helped you build a bow are ya from AL too? 

Yes,I'm in Haleyville,about an hour south of Eric. I'll update my profile as soon as I fugure out how.

I go to some of the local shoots at Tannehill and take the whole family to Twinn Oaks in Clarksville Tennessee every year for the last five or so. I've got a new boy nearly two and haven't been going to as many shoots since my wife works weekends and I play Mr.Mom all by myself.Sometimes the boy and two girls 12 and 7 can be a little much for one middle age fat man.

Offline Josh

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:07:27 pm »
LOL yeah I went to the Tannehill shoot last weekend it was a pretty good course this time... lots of fun.  I live in Fultondale so I am a little ways off from you.  Hope to meet ya at a shoot sometime.  Are you going to the Howard Hill Shoot at Tannehill in a few weeks?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline R H Clark

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:21:08 pm »
Yes,I plan on going if nothing comes up.I'll probably be there Thurs and Fri. Would love to meet you and maby even shoot a round if you will be there then.

Just depends if I get a sitter or not.Not many folks want to shoot with me with all the kids shooting,even my 21 month old boy.I try to let anyone shoot past us when they catch up.It takes a long time to make a round.At Clarksville the wife and I shot the second half carring the boy between us while he slept.We would hand him back and forth when we took the shot,talk about a challenge.

Offline Josh

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »
:) that's awesome :)  I usually take my time shooting the course and I also let anyone behind me go in front too I don't like to feel rushed. Hope you get a sitter, the Howard Hill shoot is the best shoot in AL to me.  My favorite all around shoot is and will always be the Tn Classic though.  I didn't get to go this year because of the tornadoes that hit the week before but I usually don't miss that one.  Hope to see ya at HH. 

HatchA

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »
Welcome Randy :)

Looking forward to seeing some of your work

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:27:40 pm »
Yeah a neighbor. ;D

Hay Randy: I am in Moulton. 

You live an hour South of Eric?  What town does Eric live in?

You will like it here.
David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline R H Clark

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:18 pm »
Yeah a neighbor. ;D

Hay Randy: I am in Moulton. 

You live an hour South of Eric?  What town does Eric live in?

You will like it here.
David

Eric is close to Florence,can't remember the name of the town.
It's good to hear from a neighbor.Do you know any good places to cut Osage? I have a lead from a distant family member who lives in Mississippi but it is still up in the air.Sorry to ask but I've got the fever bad.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 09:18:46 pm »
Welcome, Randy. Were you the one shooting at the same time as me, Auggie, and Brian on the range just above the get together? My wife was with us and not shooting. I was shooting that Green and red, Chinese horn bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline R H Clark

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 09:45:00 pm »
Welcome, Randy. Were you the one shooting at the same time as me, Auggie, and Brian on the range just above the get together? My wife was with us and not shooting. I was shooting that Green and red, Chinese horn bow.

Hey,it really is a small world. I suppose this is a fairly small community here as well. I Probably know several folks here if I could see their faces ( not so good with names sometimes).I've been shooting most of the local 3D's for the last 6 years.I've just been shooting a 68" target recurve untill this year.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 10:43:22 am »
Osage you ask.
Hummmmm, Yes, I have acess to a patch of Osage.
Have not layed eyes on it in a few years. I have a good stash of osage staves at home. ;D
The patch is about 10 miles from the house.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 01:18:04 pm »
Welcome Randy,hope you enjoy it here.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 01:35:30 pm »
Welcome Randy, hope you like it here and show us some bows. :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis