Author Topic: Anyone in Indiana???  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Archer46176

Anyone in Indiana???
« on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:03 pm »
Hello all,
  I am new to the forum but not to Primitivfe Archer i started buying them I would like to think about 15-16 years ago. I have shot a laminated David W. Miller Longbow since about 1995, I have Mark Keller's video and have watched it so much I am affraid the tape is going to wear out, I have the first three volumes of The Bowyers Bible, a few horse shoeing rasps, chainsaw files, draw knives, scrapers, etc... Now I need someone to hang out and make shavings with and hopefully swap some knowledge. I have made strings, arrows, quivers, arm guards, fletched and crested arrows but I have never made a selfbow. I am looking for anyone in the Central Indiana areas that would like to get together and make a bow or 2 or 3. I am in Franklin Indiana right off of 65 or 31 south of Indy. Hope to hear from some of you.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Anyone in Indiana???
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:11:00 pm »
Welcome to the PA board. There are a few guys from Indiana here on PA. I'm sure they will speak up soon.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 11:13:48 pm »
I'm in S.E. IN, a couple of hours from you.  I think there are a couple of bowyers around the Indy area.  I will be heading up that way for the Cloverdale shoot in a few months.  If you are wanting to build a selfbow, it would be a good idea to find a good tree to cut and split so it can be drying.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Archer46176

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:35:27 am »
I do need to get to cutting, I just havent decided what wood I wanna use yet. I forgot about the Cloverdale shoot I have heard of it but not been. I may end up buying my first stave.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:51:26 am »
Hickory would be a good start.  We have osage, HHB, ash, hackberry, oak, and more.  You should be able to find some good bow wood near you.  Cloverdale is a good shoot.  I really enjoyed it last year.  Good luck.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 11:17:05 am »
Archer...see I told ya you would get some action. Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 06:45:51 pm »
Welcome to PA

I am from Ohio but plan to be at the Clovedale shoot
Its in your backyard so to speak
Pappy and some of the boys come up so there is plenty of help there!
Gary Davis is there , his ready to tiller staves are good place to get your feet wet !!
 Hope to see ya there !!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !