Author Topic: Take two (finished more pics)  (Read 7592 times)

Offline dbb

Re: Take two
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 10:48:10 pm »
After i put the bow in a laundry dryingroom for a day and letting it rest for a day i went at it again.It lost some of the recurved tips while drying but i didnt flip it back.
I was so into it that i didnt take any pics while tillering.It have some handshock but not too bad,and it shoots pretty good.My scale have developed legs and hidden itself but i think i hit close to the 40# i aimed at.
The tips and riserarea is stained black and the rest silvergray,i have started to oil it but have some coatings to go before im done.nuff said here is the pics 70"approx38# @28"

I welcome any constructive comments as this is only my second bow,but im pretty happy with it.

/Mikael

It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Offline ErictheViking

Re: Take two (finished more pics)
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 11:07:53 pm »
Looks really nice dbb. I think the leather grip is sweet. tiller looks spot on as well. excellent stuff.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline TBod

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 05:23:10 am »
Very good!

Offline dbb

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 10:05:57 am »
Thanks guys :)  i found my scale today btw,i was close on my guess it is 37.7# @28 not 38 ;D
I dont think i would have gotten this result whithout all i have learned from this forum so again thanks to all at PA!

/Mikael
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 10:11:05 am by dbb »
It's better to ask and look like a fool than not to ask and remain one...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 10:18:19 am »
Love the stain job. Birch is on my list of woods to try, you just inspired me. Nice bow and nice tiller.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 11:13:35 am »
Mine as well Pearl, do you have access to yellow birch or paper birch in your neck of the woods?  Consumers Power Comp. is marking all the power line areas that they will be cutting and removing around my place and I noticed this week that 3 or 4 decent looking paper (white) birch will be in their path so I will be heading out with my saw this weekend to save them and put them to good use.  (seen some nice straight looking Russian Olive too and wonder about it's potential as a Branch Bow?)

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 11:32:59 am »
The surrounding land around our house is covered in birch and poplar, just need to get off my duff and split some to start drying. I have been on a Hackberry and hickory tear lately, just trying to get a winter stash secured!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

HatchA

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 11:47:13 am »
Agree with Eric - tiller looks perfect.  Love the finish work on that bow, well done!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 11:53:48 am »
dbb, the bow looks great! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »
Great second bow! The tiller looks just about perfect. Good job!

Offline DEllis

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 04:33:51 am »
Nailed the tiller. Great bow......for the second one it's just awesome. :)
Darcy
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!