Author Topic: about bow of the month  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Blacktail

about bow of the month
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:52:47 pm »
josh posted ALL the bows of the month and MAN there is alot....it raised my attion HOW MANY BOWS ARE MADE IN A YEAR...i know it will very but wow that is a ton of sticks in a years time...HOW MANY DO YOU THINK...LOL....

Offline DLH

Re: about bow of the month
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 12:40:23 am »
Idk but I think Ken75 makes more than the commercial names do in a year...

Offline SA

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:48:49 am »
it is alot,not to mention the ones that are never posted. i try to take pics of mine when i finish but sometimes im just to lazy ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:52:50 am by sa »
Shawn Acker

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 01:22:09 am »
im gonna just guess that the posted finsh bows on average thru a year is near 500
like i said posted,fnshed bows
i rarely post a finished bow,dont make as many as some but i still manage to crank a few out each year

a guy has to find time to knapp ya know  ;) ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Keenan

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 01:44:27 am »
 Not only allot of bows but that means allot of top notch bowyers honing there skills. I do believe we are in a rebirth of Bowyers and the lost arts of primitive bows. Makes a guy proud to be a part of this whole community and what we have here on PA.  Kudos to the bowyers that have made what is probably a record amount of bows for the BOM.

Offline Dauntless

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:45:23 am »
Idk but I think Ken75 makes more than the commercial names do in a year...

Man that made me laugh.

Seems like the BOM gets a good 25-50 candidates a month plus all the guys who ask not to be involved.
The starving grad student with too many hobbies.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 01:50:36 am »
I got around 10 in last year.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 03:20:01 am »
i think we need to break the record..

Offline NTD

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 03:42:51 am »
I think I average about one every 3 weeks.  It's slowed down the last 3 months though.  It's funny to read the chapter in the TBB1 about how that book got started and then to come on here and see 50 some odd bows just in the "self" category.  What's incredible to me is seeing guys with less than 10 bows under their belt producing very well made weapons.  Those kinds of results can only be had when built upon the hard work and knowledge of those who've gone before. 
Nate Danforth

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 12:21:56 pm »
ive only built 84 in 17 months if you do the math thats only 4.9411764705  per month . thats not nearly enough im trying to get more efficient and arm the WORLD with bent sticks ! >:D

seriously i was amazed at the quantity and quality of this months contest

Offline half eye

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »
Hey Ken,
      I really enjoy kickin bow ideas around with ya. I hope ya build a million just so I can look at 'em.....good for you, bud. If ya ever do manage to get some serious "hobby time" I'm gonna kick back and enjoy lookin at all the eye candy.
rich

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:07:21 pm »
I liked it a lot better when there were fewer entries. Gave a better chance at winning.  ;D
  This is increadible, not only how many bows each month but how many amazing bows there are and how many folks are flocking to our addiction. When I started building wood bows only a handful of wood bowyers , at best were out there and you had to search far and wide for them. Today all it takes is the flip of a computer switch and everything you need to know about wood bows is available.
  I'm also proud to be a part of thei resurgence.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC