Author Topic: A change in names... and hands  (Read 4001 times)

Offline Kegan

A change in names... and hands
« on: June 03, 2007, 06:42:44 pm »
Well, fathers' day is coming up, so I figured instead of buying my father some lame tool or gadget he already has three of, two of which are probably antiques with sentimental value, I'd make him a bow. He'd mentioned wanting one a few weeks ago, so I took his measurements and what he wanted from it. A simple little bow, with about 50# at 26", a nice little bow for sneaking up close to deer this fall... hmm, this sounded familiar ;D

So the "Summer Stalker" is now the "Father's Day Flinger" :). Made a few more arrows, and started two quivers- a back and a bow (see which he wants). This should cover fathers' day and his birthday (which are only a few days apart).

First year he doesn't end up with a tool that's just gonna sit on the shelf I think ;)

Offline tarsus

Re: A change in names... and hands
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:48:10 pm »
Thats sounds very cool Kegan :)  Now he will probably have something more sentimental than all his antique tools ;).  Very cool Fathers Day gift.  David
"I practice falconry, the ancient art of throwing angry pointy birds at things."    Larry Dixon

David
Louisville, Ky

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:42:24 pm »

I'm sure it will really be a special gift for him that will mean more to him then most anything else you could give. ;)

I wish I could go back in time and do the same for my father. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 06:07:09 am »
Very thoughtful,I know he will love it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good