Author Topic: Sentinel sculptures  (Read 2934 times)

Grunt

Sentinel sculptures
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:49:43 am »
Here are some of my Sentinel series sculptures. Sentinels are protectors and guardians. Any one who has been to war is a Sentinel at their core. I guess these are self portraits
The Sentinels are three to four feet tall and started on the lathe and finished on the bench. Most are black locust.

Grunt

Re: Sentinel sculptures
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 11:03:11 am »
Here's another one

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 12:13:07 pm »
Beautiful work, Grunt. Do you have these displayed in a gallery. If not, you should. Let the rest of the world know about your Sentinels! Very cool!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Grunt

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 12:28:17 pm »
I have had a show of the Sentinel Series at the Blue Spiral 1 in down town Asheville.  I sold four of them there. The Blue Spiral has handled my work for fifteen years.  I left one at the Wall [Vietnam Memorial] a couple of years ago.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 01:36:00 pm »
Very cool, grunt. I'm glad you are sharing your art with the rest of the world. I'm sure these pieces of yourself help in your healing. I am not a Sentinel but admire and respect all that are!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 12:47:49 am »
Cool sculptures.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:21:23 pm »
Gorgeous pieces and I love the theme behind the art.  I think I like the last one the best of the group but they are all inspiring.  Thanks for sharing.
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 03:48:42 pm »
Beautiful work Grunt, and excellent photography too.  Do you do your own?  Looks pretty professional!

Grunt

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04:00 am »
Beautiful work Grunt, and excellent photography too.  Do you do your own?  Looks pretty professional!

When you enter the arena of being a professional artist everyone you are competing with has professional photographers shooting their work. I've had the same pro shooting my work for 20years.