Author Topic: finger protection  (Read 3258 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
finger protection
« on: February 21, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »
i was wondering what people who draw bows 140+ use on the hand they use to draw the string for protection, right now i am using a leather glove, but it feels like i might need more, or maybe my fingers need more conditioning?
thanks
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Ian.

Re: finger protection
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 06:56:49 pm »
I use two leather tabs that tends to be enough but for very fast bows I tend to serve them twice you have to adjust he arrow knocks but it is if you are having problems a good thing to do,
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:38:20 am »
I use two leather tabs that tends to be enough but for very fast bows I tend to serve them twice you have to adjust he arrow knocks but it is if you are having problems a good thing to do,
i am currently using a leather glove for protection, but with heavier weights it doesn't seem enough, could i sew on an extra layer of leather, or would i just be worth it to get something thicker?
thanks
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline nidrinr

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:32 pm »
I use nothing, unless I know I'll be shooting for a very long time. Then I use whatever I find with leather on the fingers. Just like inside your hands, working up the skin to be tougher doesn't take too long. -first shoot every spring is a painful experience, but from then it gets better each day.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 06:39:33 pm »
You Norwegians are a tough bunch  ;D
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline nidrinr

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:13:35 pm »
.. Or just a bunch of stubborn mountain folk..   :-\