Author Topic: All boo glue-up?  (Read 1617 times)

Offline JonW

All boo glue-up?
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:28:57 pm »
I am trying to get a few projects going for OJAM this year and was wanting to do an all boo R/D glue-up. Where could a guy get the materials and dimensions? I have made nothing but selfbows and am wanting to expand my horizons a little.

Jon W.

Offline bryan irwin

Re: All boo glue-up?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:27:37 pm »
there's three rivers archery and a couple people on this site that sells boo.
bryan irwin

Offline woodsrunner

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:35:35 am »
Get ahold of Jim at Rudder archery. They sell a heat treated tempered bamboo core. Its 1/8" thick and 72" long it would be easy to glue up a all boo bow that way they also sell a pretapered bambo core. Call him he's easy to work with.
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.

Offline Peacebow_Coos

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 04:01:41 am »
I've used vertically laminated bamboo flooring [!!!!!!] backed with bamboo.  It was an R/D, held up real good and shot pretty well until I took a torch to it to try to up the poundage...didn't think about the glue...

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 01:19:17 pm »
 Hi JonW, Jim at Rudderbows has a complete all bamboo kit you can order. I did and it turned out great. He also has a booklet for 7-8$ explaining everything about the building of it, you could get that if you have bamboo already.
Rockford, MI