Author Topic: 3 mini horn bow arrows..  (Read 2120 times)

Offline aero86

3 mini horn bow arrows..
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:27:34 pm »
some of you may remember the mini horn bow i got a while back.  it came with a few simple arrows, they shot ok, but they were kinda short and very light, even though the bow is light itself.  i shot it a few times today when we went hiking, and the arrows just needed more weight.  the bow probably draws around 30lbs at 12 or 13 inches. 

so i decided to build a few more arrows for it.  the shafts are river cane.  the heads are glue on 100 grain points that i jb welded on.  the fletchings are red because they are the only fletchings i have that were full length.  i think the feathers clock in at 3.25 inchs long, but i shouldve made them a bit shorter as they drag a bit on the handle, but no big deal.  the whole thing total comes in around 19.5 inches long to the point tip.  they weigh 234, 237, 236 grains.  i was able to file the points down enough where the weight was dang near even.  i really like the way they shoot out of the bow.  lot more accurate with the longer arrow.  if i hold the bow in front of my face, anchor on my nose, point on target, i can usually hit what im shooting at.  dont shoot at tennis balls, the arrow will bounce over the 8 foot privacy fence when you accidentally hit it.

profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline thomas h

Re: 3 mini horn bow arrows..
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:25:17 pm »
those are great little arrows. ;D

Offline aero86

Re: 3 mini horn bow arrows..
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:30:49 pm »
i had to deepen the nock on these more than usual.  string angle is pretty high.  even shooting two finger split, i had one slip off and the string beat up my wrist pretty good.  but i got it down good now.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.