Author Topic: My frist home made target  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Kolton

My frist home made target
« on: December 12, 2010, 05:23:10 pm »
I made this last night. It is fill with walmart bags. The out side is a empty dog food bag.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL

Offline Kolton

Re: My frist home made target
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:25:33 pm »
the 2nd pic is to show how tall it is.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL

Offline Cromm

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:28:00 pm »
I like those kind of targets. I make mine with old clothes in a hemp/ coffee bean bags.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »
Grocery bags, that plastic wrap that they use to bundle stuff onto pallets, wood stove pellet bags, etc....it's all good use for something that would end up in the landfill.  And you just stuff the worn out container bag into the next bag and recycle the already recycled stuff. 

It's your "frist" but I bet it ain't your "lats". 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:52 pm »
I used my old 20lb rice bag filled with a blue tarp.  Works very well...the bag is quite durable too...its made of woven plastic.

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 02:35:26 pm »
Nice work Kolton.  I was  surprised at how well it stopped our arrows!  You did a good job!
south central VA

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 03:50:17 pm »
I stuff plastic grocery bags into a gallon milk/water jug. Stops the arrows just great and is about the size of a deer vital. I can take it 'stump' shooting. I throw it out then shoot at it, then go and throw it somewhere else.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline aero86

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 04:47:43 pm »
I stuff plastic grocery bags into a gallon milk/water jug. Stops the arrows just great and is about the size of a deer vital. I can take it 'stump' shooting. I throw it out then shoot at it, then go and throw it somewhere else.

now that is a great idea!  thank you!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Kolton

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 05:19:03 pm »
Thanks yall while i was at school today my dad ask a cattle owner for a empy feed sack .The cattle owner said he would let me have a empty feed sack. last night me and my dad(brownhill boy) shot my new target it stoped our arrows.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 09:34:08 pm »
It'll stop broadheads just as well...unless they are as sharp as they should be for hunting.  But for general flight tuning, no problem
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubby

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 08:09:51 pm »
I took an old duck decoy that didn't float and shot it full of expanding foam, lot's a fun to shoot
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Kolton

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 10:40:00 pm »
Nice work Kolton.  I was  surprised at how well it stopped our arrows!  You did a good job!
Thanks Dad
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 10:03:05 pm »

"I took an old duck decoy that didn't float and shot it full of expanding foam, lot's a fun to shoot"

That's 2 good ideas I'll be trying. I'm having the wife save some sweet tea jugs, and I have a couple dozen decoys not in use any more ;D

Kolton.... I was going to mention the feed sack deal, but you already have that. Nice job and shoot the stuffin out of it ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

tyler holley

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 08:57:24 pm »
good job Kolton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 10:25:20 pm »
I took an old duck decoy that didn't float and shot it full of expanding foam, lot's a fun to shoot

That's a great idea!

Once for fun I shot a half full can of expanding foam with a .22 and it made an archery target all on its own (once it came back down to earth).  I confess it was a real odd shape though, but it stopped my arrows fine...for awhile. ;D  Don't get that foam on anything you care about, it sure don't like to come off.  ::)

George
St Paul, TX