Author Topic: "Cable 'Curve"?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Kegan

"Cable 'Curve"?
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:43:23 pm »
TBB vol. 3 page 95-97. Anyone make Tim Baker's theoretical cable backed bow with hinged siyahs?

After several flatbow failures or semi failures, including a nice little one I was doing for the Christmas trade, I'm taking a little break and playing with D bows and other weird bow variants. Since I was doing a Penobscot, I figured I might try this cable backed bow too. Just looking to see if anyone has done it. I tried searching... didn't get very far :P.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: "Cable 'Curve"?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:50:46 pm »
Never done it but can't wait to see your results.
  Kegan, as much as you have absorbed and converted into experimentation(sucessful and otherwise) over a relative short period of time I've decided I want a first edition of your book signed to me when it comes out!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Kegan

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:24:13 am »
Thanks Pat, count on it ;)!

This bow is going to be in the works for a while. I'm working on a couple Penobscots and a Creek style D/R/D bow, so this project will get a little attention here and there. Actually, I'm trying to do a build along for the Penobscot so folks can chime in during construction.

So many ideas, so many staves I've already used up... ::)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 12:22:15 pm »
...and so little time!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC