Author Topic: Black Locust deflex/reflex?  (Read 2282 times)

Cacatch

Black Locust deflex/reflex?
« on: October 22, 2010, 03:39:27 pm »
I'm thinking about making a 62" black locust deflex handle, reflex limb self-bow. Anybody ever made one this style before? Do ya have an opinion on it?

Thanks,
CP

Offline 0209

Re: Black Locust deflex/reflex?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 07:46:29 pm »
I know that BL has a tendency to chrysal if tillered incorrectly, but as for the reflex in limbs I can't say.  It might put too much strain on the limbs causing it to chrysal, but then again it could be a rocket launcher.  You could give her a go and see how she works out.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training is austere conditions with minimal food and water. He doesn't worry about what workout to do.his ruck weighs what it weighs and his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. Only he knows the cause. Still want to Quit?
-Unknown

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 08:53:50 pm »
I would ask around a little more about this.
I always use BL for self bows.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Steve Milbocker

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:02:29 pm »
I have a BL that Marc St Louis made for me. It is 65" with some reflex I assume was heated into it. It is a wonderful shooting bow.
I'm no where near as smart as my phone!