Author Topic: hot spot  (Read 2589 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
hot spot
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:14:09 pm »
Well on my way home today i stoped and walked about 1/2 mile down a creek and cut up a spur into the back corner of some puplic hunting ground I hunt.
1st thing i saw was a big scrape, as i walked up the spur, i seen 3 more scapes and a few rubs.
Once i reached the ridge every tree 8 inches in diameter or less was rubbed and most of the small sapplings were missing there tops and all the leaves in the area were thashed around.
I picked out a tree made a mental note and i plane to be up that tree by 0520 in th morning! And im going to stick it ut all day.
I'll check back in tomarrow night and let yall know how it went.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Mechslasher

Re: hot spot
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:33:49 pm »
sounds like a good spot to do a little rattling.  good luck!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 12:01:22 am »
I'll have a good wind o hunt it tomarrow and then from the weather forcast i see dont look like the wind will be right for it again untill next sunday or monday.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 12:45:43 am »
Good luck on you're deer critter I hope it all works out the way you want it to. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:28:51 pm »
I missed him :/
 i got parked at 0500 and it tuck me a solid 40 mins to get back there in the dark. I finally got set up by 0550.
 At 0700 i had two coyotes come in i was up and rdy and the 2nd one gave me a shot at 15 yards but seen me draw and was gone before i could shoot.
he ran off about 150 yards and him and his buddy raised hell for about 10 mins.
 At 0800 i was taken a pee and thats when i seen the buck, he was a decent non typical i want to say 8 pt but his rack was real funky.
 i got my bow and he stopped to work a scrap that was 25 yards away, he was slightly quartered away and i reached anchor and let it fly. I missed by at least 2 inches over his back. he ran off about 40 yards and stopped then walked off.
 at 1000 i had to go #2 real bad so i aborted the all day hunt. I'll be back in there again i don't think he got that spooked and i don't think he is the only one in there.
 Grate hunt, I'd have to give it a 8.5 on the good hunto meter :)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline cracker

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 03:24:25 pm »
Good going just don't eat no supper tonight and you shouldn't have that problem tomorrow.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 03:44:27 pm »
Jesse, sounds like ya had a great hunt, Everything went just the way  you planned it, all except the shootin. I know the feeling I missed a big ole doe the other night with a stone point, she was a slam dunk an i missed, Had a six point stand an pose for me, we have a 4pt. rule in this area so no shooting , I hate antler restrictions  I can't eat the horns anyways. Hope your non typ comes back another day for ya. Later Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:27 pm »
Hunting Tip#1: Eat you a big ol' pot of collard greens and ham hocks and chase it down with a quart of buttermilk the night before. Then take care of business at your truck before you head out. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 12:14:01 am »
haha eddie. Wish i could make myself go 1st thing in the morning but my body dont want to.

Mililani Hawaii

Offline sailordad

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 01:14:22 am »
Jesse, sounds like your in the right area
now ya just gotta do your "doodie" before you get in the woods
or do like me
i pack a roll of t.p. with me
if i gotta go i walk a couple hundred yards away and go
and then make my way back to my hunting spot
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 02:40:23 am »
                                                                        Sounds like a Load of Crap to me............................ ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline leapingbare

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 11:38:12 am »
lol :D
Mililani Hawaii

Offline nocams

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 02:56:15 pm »
Oh crap Jesse ! Just knew I would sign on and be seeing some great pics today, RATS !!! Oh well, you will get you one out of that spot if it is that tore up in there. As bad as I shoot I cannot give too much advice but I bet you dropped your bow arm shoulder INSTEAD of bending at the waist. This will cause you to shoot high every time. Just about everyone shoots high when they do miss out of a treestand. If you can, next time draw your bow while standing straight up, then bend your front leg and waist till you are lined up on the deer and if anything try to shoot the lower third. Hardly anyone shoots too low out of a tree.

Don't know what to tell you bout the #2 schedule except change it now bud ! Try the collards and Kashi cereal for a few days to get things on cruise control, haha ! My poor ole hunting bud from a few years back had that issue and I got some funny stories about walking across wet cornfields and #2 emergencies.  ;D