Author Topic: Molle/Holmie Vs. American Flat Bow?  (Read 13603 times)

Offline Irontom

Re: Molle/Holmie Vs. American Flat Bow?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 12:06:38 pm »
Thanks for all the info guys.  I didn't mean to start any wars, I had no clue how passionate of a subject this was for some people.

Whoever said the bit about production being harder makes sense, and is along the lines of what I was looking for.  A lot of the posts lately have been talking up the good points of the style but I wanted to know what the trade off was.  I was only thinking of actual performance of the bow and had assumed there was a hidden flaw in the design that showed itself later in the bows lifespan.  Along the lines of being hard to mass produce, the amount of material required likely could have played a part in it as well.

The thought just occurred to me, the situations the bows are used in likely had something to do with it too. The right tool for the right job and all that.

Offline denny

• my site
Re: Molle/Holmie Vs. American Flat Bow?
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 03:37:34 pm »
Irontom, I think you just said it.. Time, material, And use determine the design, as well as the tools and expierience.  As for actual facts, It is all spectualtion , unless you have personally spoke to the builder or shot the bow and have expierence and have a good knowledge of archery. I don't think some bow or bowyer 7,000 years old is here for us to share with orbow to shoot. Although , there are parts of or a whole bow  out there, I am sure no one has or would try to shoot one. So all we have is spectulation on the design and performance from the bows we build or some one has replicated..And I am sorry there is a big difference from the historian and the actual builder and or the builder of today. Buy the way , I measure authority from  the passion of the person, not knowledge. We can always say this or that, but when do you believe or when do you not believe, That is up to the person who is spoken too...That being said , because someone speaks of knowledge, That doesn't mean they are of authority.By the way Tim Baker is still out there, He has instucted me to contact P'A' , When I asked him for more info on holmey's. This is only my opinion of an old man seeking truth. Denny