Author Topic: First Character bow "Outta Whack" Finished pics  (Read 10001 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: First Character bow "Outta Whack" Finished pics
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 11:33:01 pm »
 Randy, from the skins, leather and that crooked piece of 'Sage,, You did that bow justice. I think you have a fine "Hunter". Well done.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 11:47:37 pm »
I looked at this a few times and it's quite impressive love the snake skin and handle wrap good luck with the hunt.Hammertime

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 02:18:58 am »
Thanks you guys,I cant wait to get my hands on another crooked one!Hammertime,that handle wrap just sits in your hand perfect,rolled edge makes it jus kinda hang from top of hand!Now i jus need to improve my lacing ;D
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 11:42:32 am »
Randy, there's more crooked ones where that one came from, believe me.  When you bring that one down to hog hunt, I'll send you home with a couple more to play with.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 12:05:36 am »
 ;D ;D George your alright!Parker has been asking me about when hes gonna get to go kill a pig!he overheard me and his mom talkin bout it ;) let me tell ya thats all i hear when we goin hog huntin when we goin dove huntin?LOL he got a bad report from school(not payin attention so his bow and hunting got put on hold)hopefully he will be able to work on it this weekend.He wants to enter it in our annual arts and crafts festival and this week he has been doin better,he gets a weekly report and says hes been doin good this week.!We both are really lookin forward to comin down!It wont get here soon enuf!lol

Southwest,VA

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 12:34:18 am »
Well, you tell Parker that my invitation to go hog hunting is contingent on his doing his best at school.  Parents have a tough enough time motivating their kids, I want to do anything I can to help.

Speaking of hogs...sadly, the acorns must've started falling someplace because they suddenly disappeared from the lease.  This happens quite often down here, whenever we get enough rain to make acorns.  Consequently I sat in blinds for about 12 hours this weekend (all when I could/should have been sleeping) and saw 1 raccoon.  They'll be back.  Gonna take me a few days to recover from the sleep deprivation.
St Paul, TX

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 10:53:30 am »
thanks george I'll tell him. Hate you didnt see any hogs they'll be back!Now catch up on some sleep ;)

Southwest,VA

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2010, 12:42:44 pm »
Glad to see this one finished up!  We'll see it again for Sept BOM contest!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 04:48:37 pm »
Thanks josh,it shoots like a dream,havent got to chrono it yet but it slings a 600+ grain arrow 208yds! ;D Hope to blood it this fall!

Southwest,VA