Author Topic: Got me A Bob "Bobcat" Barnes bow  (Read 2317 times)

Offline horatio1226

Got me A Bob "Bobcat" Barnes bow
« on: August 21, 2010, 06:27:42 pm »
I thought I was going to be a one bow man until I got to seeing some of Bob(Bobcat) Barnes' bows. I was lucky enough top be able to talk him outta this one . A sweet 56"er and 50#@28. Sinew backed osage and mocassin skins. Flip tipped. Beautiful small tips. Just gorgeous colored osage. Nice skinny handle that feels great in your hand. Just top notch craftsmanship. Now I am going to be a 2 bow man. Thanks Bob. Goin out tomorrow to fling a couple of arrows. Bob says he killed a deer with it before he even had it finished. I could definitely use the mojo. Thanks again Bob for parting with this beauty!

I went out and shot this masterpiece tonight. Holy cow! Smooth drawing, fast and drove the arrows into the target. I felt no hand shock and the bow was incredibly quiet. Absolutely beautiful. Just had to show it off!

Offline Dean Marlow

Re: Got me A Bob "Bobcat" Barnes bow
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:43:14 pm »
I have known Bob now for several years and got the opportunity to see some of his bows at Mojam. He does beautiful work and you won't find a better person to deal with. He will treat you right. Thanks for sharing. Dean

Offline horatio1226

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:14:31 pm »
I know you build some fine bows yourself Dean! How you been?

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 09:17:11 pm »
 :o one of the most beautiful bows I've ever seen! You are a lucky guy and Bob is a great artisan.
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery