Author Topic: back at it again pyramid bow 64"  (Read 5273 times)

kinkfeather

Re: back at it again pyramid bow 64"
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 09:30:53 am »
ken,what do you think.do you think i need to back it.i do not have rawhide but what wood i back it with that would work.would i need to take the poly off for the glue to seal good.what if i used linen on it or is that too weak.i would hate too lose this one.kink

kinkfeather

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 06:47:38 pm »
okay,glued 3 layers of drywall mesh an one layer of linen on the back with tb2.do you all think that is enought insurance.the question is how much poundage do you think it added if any.#2 will stain stick to tb2 glue or will i have to paint it.or maybe make a camo bow sock.kink

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 06:58:30 pm »
joe i think thats plenty of insurance , and it will change the weight a little but shouldnt be bad. as far stain sticking to tb2 it will be off color .

kinkfeather

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 08:14:46 pm »
ken,do you think it will add 5 lbs i hope so.do you think a stain will be lighter color if so thats fine.i have a dark brown.i really do not want to paint.when i get done i will post a pic.kink

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 10:41:59 pm »
joe i would think with three layers it would be atleast five lbs. and the stain will show lighter on the glue so you should be fine

kinkfeather

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 04:58:32 pm »
last finish on bow will post a pic tomorow.time to start shooting,scouting,an hunting.so bow building is over this year i guess.i have shot this bow before i backed it.it shot good an tiller was good.but i do not know how many pounds it added.all my bows from now on will be backed with something for insurance.thanks a lot guys for the knowledge.it has been so hot here in kentucky i did most of my work in the kitchen.my wife for 45 yrs is shour glad i am done this year.but she never really complained.she was as much in to bow building as i was.got to think of meat for the freezer from now on an enjoy my fruits of my labor.i am very fortunate i can hunt all the time an have my health too.kink

kinkfeather

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 08:48:34 pm »

kinkfeather

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 08:52:22 pm »
from left to right the first 4 i made the last 4 steve martin made but they were not self bows,have a good hunting season my pa buddies.kink