Author Topic: Eagle Quiver  (Read 7965 times)

Offline uwe

Re: Eagle Quiver
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 03:06:43 pm »
Thanks for your help Wayne. Indeed, I should have said "awesome"! The word awful is also meant dreadful or even "God- awful".
Regards Uwe

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 07:28:24 pm »

You are welcome Uwe, actually it is the " E " that makes the difference between the two.  Aweful vs awful.  One meaning awe inspiring, and one meaning  terrible, bad, et cetera.  It has been misused for some time.  It is usually now just awful. and you have to use it in the context of it's meaning at the time.  The English language is not the most organized, or well thought out language.  Especially on the spelling.  There was famous author here a long time ago, by the name of Ogden Nash.  He supposedly had big reward for the person or persons who could change the English language into a phonetic language.  Some things make no sense at all.  Like the spelling of "psychology", or "Pneumonia".......You don't pronounce the " P " because it is silent.   Uh....if it is silent, why is it there?  No big deal.  Life goes on.  Any more prehistoric finds?  Did you ever find out if the jaw was from a bear?
                                                                             Wayne

Offline uwe

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 10:11:38 am »
No Wayne! I had been there after the iceblocks had melted. There were bones, china and those stuff, but nothing to say its prehistoric. I must have to do some more visits to the old campside. IŽll meet some archeologists in the early summer. I`ll send those pictures to a friend of mine. She is a studied archeologist, too. I`ll see what she means about.
Regards Uwe

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 12:13:59 am »

Thanks Uwe, I will await your findings. ;)

Wayne

Lombard

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 08:05:05 pm »
Wonderful quiver, and wonderful art work.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 10:43:55 pm »
Great art work!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Postman

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 07:58:11 pm »
Great quiver!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 11:00:08 pm »
I have a question that no one else asked... is it still for sale?  ::)
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline Kolton

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 10:52:05 am »
Great looking quiver

Kolton
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL