Author Topic: knappable material around colorado springs  (Read 2141 times)

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
knappable material around colorado springs
« on: July 05, 2010, 02:45:37 pm »
im finished with training and i have been blessed with being stationed right near colorado springs, co. plenty of wood around here, i was wondering if anyone had a lead on any rock around here. i see some quartzite around, i was wondering if i was doomed to work on man rock, or if there is other stuff around here.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Re: knappable material around colorado springs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 03:47:17 pm »
reckon your SOL fare as i know.
 just go elk hunting instead.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »
 If you are at Ft. Carson your best bet is to go over the Divide to a town called Basalt. There is Basalt and Gypsum Crystals. It is just before you get into Glenwood Canyon.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DustinDees

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:01:35 pm »
thank you very much, and i do indeed plan on doing some hunting here.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:31:23 am »
Get a hold of Bob Patton, if he can't tell you noone can.

knapperbob@idcomm.com
Steve Nissly

Offline DustinDees

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 08:50:51 pm »
Thank you again

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:04:33 pm »
There is knapping material to be had up there somewhere. I was at the four corners looking through the souvineer shops. They make points out of some kind of white material with rust colored streaks. Looks alot like Keokuk, but they told me they find it in the creeks and draws out there.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.