Author Topic: Newbie with bow  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Stefan

Newbie with bow
« on: July 03, 2010, 03:53:00 pm »
Hi,

I have been a lurker for 1 day, 23 hours and 33 minutes. Thought i would post something before de 2 day mark. Please excuse me when my english isn't spot on, i am from the netherlands. I have been shooting for 10 years now, compound, recurve and traditional.

The bow I have made is made from a maple, 43# @ 28'', no full draw pictures yet. I wil also try to post pictures of arrows i made in the arrow subforum.

greetings,

stefan

[attachment deleted by admin]
Iron rusts from disuse, water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.

Leonardo

Offline aero86

Re: Newbie with bow
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »
wow, nice bow!  i like the handle area! 

off topic, do you watch soccer?  ive been watching, ever since the US lost, ive been going for the Netherlands, since my family comes from there!

again, nice bow!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 04:43:49 pm »
Looks like a very nice bow, Stefan. I like the way you stained(?) the handle area also.
  Welcome to PA. I've been lurking here for 112 days, 17 hours and 46 minutes.  ;D 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Stefan

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 05:27:36 pm »
wow, nice bow!  i like the handle area! 

off topic, do you watch soccer?  ive been watching, ever since the US lost, ive been going for the Netherlands, since my family comes from there!

again, nice bow!

Hi Aero86, yes i have been watching soccer, i must say that winning from Brazil was kind off a suprise for me. Thank you for supporting ;)

Looks like a very nice bow, Stefan. I like the way you stained(?) the handle area also.
  Welcome to PA. I've been lurking here for 112 days, 17 hours and 46 minutes.  ;D 

I taped off the area with 3m tape (the stuff they use to mask flames and stuff on cars) to get clean clean lines, then I stained it.
Iron rusts from disuse, water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.

Leonardo

Offline youngbowyer33

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 07:04:47 pm »
NETHERLANDS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!im cheering for them to  :)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 08:51:44 pm »
That is a very cool looking bow.  Nice work on the handle.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 10:45:36 pm »
wonderful work by masking off the stain for the handle, I thought somehow you had spliced in the handle!

Looks great, keep posting your work. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

HatchA

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 11:32:55 am »
wonderful work by masking off the stain for the handle, I thought somehow you had spliced in the handle!

Looks great, keep posting your work. 

Same here...  I spent ages straining my eyes over the pic's before I read the thread further :D

Beautiful looking bow!  Welcome to the fold :)