Author Topic: West coast style  (Read 5990 times)

Offline juniper junkie

Re: West coast style
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:22 am »
nice little bow. I am taking some of my native replicas to the bowyers gathering this weekend. be nice if you could attend and show us yours.

bowkee

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 04:42:24 pm »
nice little bow. I am taking some of my native replicas to the bowyers gathering this weekend. be nice if you could attend and show us yours.
Where is the Gathering?

Offline tdog

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 04:55:43 pm »
Cool looking bow! I assume it is a native American style bow? I am pretty ignorant about these type bows, what type of range do they have? I say this because I assume they are pretty short range due to the short drawing capacity. What is the max draw length on a bow like that?

Very nice artwork on the bow BTW.

Mark
It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Mark(Wetumpka,AL)

bowkee

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 05:20:02 am »
Cool looking bow! I assume it is a native American style bow? I am pretty ignorant about these type bows, what type of range do they have? I say this because I assume they are pretty short range due to the short drawing capacity. What is the max draw length on a bow like that?

Very nice artwork on the bow BTW.

Mark
Mark , this particular Bow the max draw is 20, Snap shooting  is a must, Considering it's 40# Could get quite a distance if flight shooting with a short Arrow, less paradox I would think.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 07:15:47 am »
Beautiful bow,very nice work.Tiller looks great as dose the finish and paint work.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

bowkee

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 05:29:25 pm »
Thanks Pappy, It's honor to be complimented By fine Bowyers such as yourself.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 12:08:38 am »
I sure do like those short little bows, that one is really sweet. I have some osage that would be perfect for something similar.
hmmmmm, got to get busy.
VB

bowkee

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 05:00:38 am »
I always wondered if osage would work well with a style of Bow like this, do try.

Shadow Walker

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 03:29:52 pm »
great job! I love those shorties! It's just my opinion,but, if you're gonna hunt with it,short bows are far more maneuverable! Especially if you like hunting the brush.

bowkee

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 05:21:20 pm »
I don't think they would allow hunting with this type of bow In california. >:( :) ;)

Offline Traxx

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 03:10:12 am »
If you mean that Style of bow,then as long as it can send a legal hunting arrow,130 yrds,then it legal in Ca.As to what a legal hunting arrow is in Ca,that seems to be in question,other than it has to have a 7/8" wide broadhead as a minimum width.Nv states it must be at least 24" long and 400 grn arrow,so i would guess Ca to be the same,but in Nv,it has to shoot that arrow,150 yrds.Ive done it with a 37lb bow,and exceeded that mark.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 03:35:52 am »
Gorgeous bow!  I love the art work on it..Arrows are nice too!!!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

bowkee

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2010, 01:46:54 am »
Trax Thanks for the response, I was not quite sure about the Bow size.
Russ, Thanks, I really like making the short bows, Usually That's all the wood  I can get to work with.