Author Topic: been a while..  (Read 2590 times)

Offline aero86

been a while..
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:46:48 pm »
so i havent been on here much, or made many posts.  hasnt been bad news though.  i was promoted at work, finally became a mechanic at work!  weve been pretty busy the past few weeks.  just thought id let you guys know!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

HatchA

Re: been a while..
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 04:15:05 pm »
'grat's on the promotion, man :)

nothing like Real Life to get in the way of a Man's enjoyment...  ;)

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:30:22 pm »
yeah, im happy about it. i used to have the energy to do things with my archery addiction when i got home from work, but it has to wait till the weekend now.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »
i thought you said it wasnt bad news  ;D ;)

well i guess congrats are in order

yup now to wreck your body for the rest of your career
not that there is anything wrong with being a mechanic(hell ive been a master tech for ford for over ten yrs,wrenching for over 22yrs)
but with all those years experience i dont consider myself a "mechanic",i am a professional automotive technician.
over the years i have had more than my fair share if injuries too.and more than just the usual cuts and bashed fingers etc.
im talking stitches,wrecked shoulders( rotor cuffs),bad lower back from years of lifting very heavy itiems from awkward angles,hips knees,wrists,hands blah blah blah

i guy can make a realy good living at it if he is good and efficiant.i supported my wife and sons quit well for the last 2+ decades.
but there are times when i come home so freakin sore(and for days on end)i wonder if it is still worth it or not.
but when its all you can do anymore ya stick to it.enough of my ramblings

once again congrats on the bump up(we do it the same at tmy shop too,start them low and train them the FORD way to be a tech)
you will get used to doing this work after awhile and wont even care if your tired and sore,youll find the time to work on primitive stuff.
i still do,no matter how sorei am,or how much muscle tension i have.i always find time to do atleast a little something primitive each night

good luck on the new career,its not as bad as i made it sound.well atleast not for the most part.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 10:58:05 pm »
Thanks sailordad. I've been at this shop for a bit.  I've been working with my hands since I was 10 and I'm 27 now. Always helping my dad with odd jobs and such. I come from a line of hands on guys.  My dad is a maint tech for a yeast company, and my grandfather retired from the old lance plant in town. It helps I work with good people too. The service writer KNOWS what he's doing and been a mechanic himself for over 20 yrs. My brother also works there, been there for 7 or 8 yrs. This shop is kinda small,  two techs and 1 oil change person.   6 bays, 7 if u stack the middle one, 3 post lifts, two drive ons, secretary and two bathrooms. And its all family run, the owner is married to the service writers sister