Author Topic: limb bow  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: limb bow
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 07:12:00 am »
Sweet looking bow.I like it a lot.Nice job. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:50:38 am »
nice lines and awesome color!  Kinda matches the couch! ;)

AA
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 12:26:12 pm »
Nicely done bow. But its the kitchen that got my attention - absolutely first rate! Anyway, got your fine weapon bookmarked for April Self BOM fun.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 12:33:19 pm »
Oh that's a beauty! Well done. I think  you have a name for that bow- "Limbo". :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 12:42:00 pm »
Going to be a hard month for voting, very nice work. I just wish my wife wasnt looking over my shoulder and saw that kitchen! Now we both have ideas.
VERY nice bow,
N2
Genesis 27: 3

Offline mox1968

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 02:11:58 pm »
wow thanks for all the kind words guys I wasnt sure it would make a bow but gave it a try anyway,I went with advice in the bowyers bibles which said not to decrown but rather leave the crown as it is and make the belly flat so thats what I tried to do.I used dry heat to flip the tips(hot air gun over a round form) I smeared vegetable oil over it first to give it some protection.I also heat treated the belly too the bow is pretty fast shooting and also is very light in the hand too was surprised at the performance from a small diameter branch!!Thanks for the praise about the kitchen you should try cleaning it though especially after my wife has been cooking!!

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 08:54:29 pm »
Holy Ba Jesus  I didnt notice that kitchen WOW Im a chef and that would be super nice never mind the dang bow...lol the bow is nice too as mentioned before!!!

Ru$$ell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 05:14:23 pm »
Great job john, and they might want to give you bow of the moth too. Nice job and pretty lines. Goes to show what you can do if you put your mine to it.. Your friend Denny