Linked Events

• Dane's Atlatl Toss: April 17, 2010

Author Topic: Informal Atlatl Toss, April 17, Deerfield, MA  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Dane

Informal Atlatl Toss, April 17, Deerfield, MA
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:15:44 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm hosting a very informal atlatl and primitive get together at my club, Franklin County Sportsmen's Club, on Saturday, April 17, 2010. It begins around 10 AM.

I hosted another one last fall, and we had a good turnout and a lot of fun. This time, it will be similar, but I am seeing about some more interesting targets, including one from ballistic jell for spear penetration testing.

This is NOT going to be an ISAC toss. That will happen this fall. This event will also give me some more practice running a toss, all the better for the fall one. More details on that down the road.

The location is: 721 River Road, East Deerfield, Massachusetts. The club is easy to find with GPS, and has about 80 acres of mixed hardwood forest.

Besides tossing, I'll set up at least one archery target, so primitive archery is encouraged. I'll also bring out some hand and staff slings for folks to try out.

Any questions, ask me here, or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Dane

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 04:52:37 pm by Calendargirl »
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Dane

Re: Informal Atlatl Toss, April 17, Deerfield, MA
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:10:20 pm »
Folks, so far we have about 8 or 9 showing up from Paleoplanet.

Coffee and donuts will be available in the morning, and in the afternoon, I'm firing up the bbq and making lunch - Yakitori and Thai rice.

If anyone can make it, great, but if not, I'll have your share of lunch. :)

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: Informal Atlatl Toss, April 17, Deerfield, MA
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:46 pm »
sounds like a good time.  Thanks for posting it and of course for hosting it.   ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.