Author Topic: A yew teaser  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Crash

A yew teaser
« on: March 26, 2010, 05:20:46 pm »
There is a 30 foot yew in the cemetery across from my house, with some really nice straight branches... Trying to figure out how I can get some without going to jail, haha
I know everything, just not all at the same time...

Cacatch

Re: A yew teaser
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 05:26:17 pm »
If there is a low limb, just creap out at night, 2:30am is a time that I have found to work for me. Make sure there are no dogs nearby that will smell/hear you and start barking. This can be a big problem.  Get you a good hand saw and a ladder if necessary and go to work. 

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 06:37:55 pm »
I think I would rather spend the money or trade for some good yew than on bail for messing about on private property, especially a cemetery.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Crash

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 06:41:00 pm »
I agree Michael, I was wondering if there was some non-lame way to ask if I could chop a branch off their tree

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:15:04 pm »
Just be honest and go ask. Worst thing the owner can say is no. If you tell him what you want it for, you may be surprised at the answer. I believe a bow you made from a stolen branch out of a cemetary would have bad karma.  :(

Offline riarcher

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 07:19:06 pm »
Spirit Bow?  ;)
From the Stripercoast of Rhode Island

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 07:42:08 pm »
Radius asked at a cemetary and ended up with 5 or 6 staves out of the deal.
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Crash

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 09:53:22 pm »
Just to set the record straight, I wasn't ever gonna steal it, that's bad business.  :)
 I'm thinking I'll screw up some courage and ask.

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:22:23 pm »
Don't forget to mark the top side of the branch before you cut it!
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 03:45:05 am »
I would suggest you take one of your bows, show it to the guy and ask if you may cut a branck to make one of those. good luck hope you get some branches
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 06:45:39 am »
If you take your bows to show 'em they will probably be interested and let you have a limb.
Years ago I went up to this big old house to ask if I could have a big Elm log whicg had been cut on their property.
The guy said fine as long as you show us the bow when it's finished...he had a great dog, some sort of spaniel it went ape chasing the arrows when I took the bow to show him.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 07:42:10 pm »
Call them and tell them you're dying for some of that.
VB