Author Topic: Can't Remember Where  (Read 1576 times)

Offline KenH

• The Kilted Cook
    • The Kilted Cook Personal Chef
Can't Remember Where
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:00:02 am »
I saw a photo of someone's "upside down" tillering setup.  The roughed out bow is supported at the tips by wooden "stands" perhaps a foot high.  The bow is set belly down on the stands, and  a bar clamp between the handle and the bench top gently pulls the bow into an arc and you can scrape/sand on the belly while the bow is under tension.

Anybody else remember seeing this?  Or am I having a Senior Moment?
You Kill It - I Cook It!
Ken Hulme,
The Kilted Cook Personal Chef Service

Offline zenmonkeyman

Re: Can't Remember Where
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 02:54:22 am »
Nope, I saw it too, but that's as much as I remember.  About a month ago?  Maybe 2 months?
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Diligence

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 03:27:14 pm »
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline KenH

• The Kilted Cook
    • The Kilted Cook Personal Chef
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:02:45 pm »
Thanks for the "Due" Diligence :o  I've got that puppy bookmarked now!
You Kill It - I Cook It!
Ken Hulme,
The Kilted Cook Personal Chef Service

Grunt

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:28:55 pm »
I built myself a couple of uprights like shown and will now use them on every bow I tiller. I don't need a mule to get the first high brace on a re/de anymore.