Author Topic: Rawhide Backed Osage  (Read 8005 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Rawhide Backed Osage
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 03:34:21 pm »
Wow! That came out real nice, Dana. I bet it shoots smooth the way it looks.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2010, 08:06:33 pm »
edddie it shoots pretty darn good, I'm really trying to lengthen my draw and the only way is to lighten the load
so to speak, at 40#@28" I can get her back the full 28" It hurts my shoulder but I'm workin it, need to rebuild /save the muscle
that is left :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 12:55:06 am »
Nice looking bow Dana. It ought to be a good shoulder exercise even if you don't want to lengthen your draw.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2010, 07:41:17 am »
Thanks Justin :) Anything over 40 lbs and my shoulder starts to give way and I have to bend the elbow to take the strain
which results in a short draw >:(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2010, 11:38:34 am »
The tiller looks great Dana. Nice job.  ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2010, 12:02:33 pm »
Thanks Ryan, did ya happen to notice its Osage I hear its good wood ;) :D

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2010, 01:10:21 pm »
Hey Dana on the short draw thing, if your shoulder is only good for 40# then I would say 40# at 28" is much better than at @ 24". Most people who over bow them selfs might think they ar shooting a 60# bow but getting less than that due to not drawing it fully, and loosing acuracy as well.  My shoulder is not what it used to be and the lighter bows are fun to shoot. A well designed lighter bow drawn deeply is no slouch especially if you shoot it well.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell