Author Topic: 1st shooter! Video link!  (Read 2645 times)

Offline zenmonkeyman

1st shooter! Video link!
« on: February 20, 2010, 12:52:28 am »
Well I finally have a shooter.  3rd time's the charm.  It's a work in progress so I'll post again when it's all prettied up.  Serviceberry (saskatoon) I forget but around 66" N2N 43#@30".  Dog treat backed.  I'm 3 for 3 on a kleenex box at about 8 yds, so apparently she shoots where I'm looking, but really I haven't shot in about 13 years so take it for what it's worth.   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTBUKF-kkrw

Thanks for looking!

Garett
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: 1st shooter! Video link!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 01:10:17 am »
"Okay don't nobody tell my wife about this..."   LOL those are words of a guy who KNOWS he will be in trouble if caught!  Can't say i have never said the same thing... Great video man, the bow looks like it shoots pretty fast can't wait to see it all finished up.  Good inside shooting man!   ;)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 01:11:35 am »
Perty cool Garret, Nothing like the first shots with your first shooter. You never forget it. ;) Congratulations.

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 01:12:35 am »
you are soooo cool!  congratulations!!

btw- that looks alot my my indoor range.....

Offline Frode

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 01:19:36 pm »
Congrats, Zen, looks great!  (BTW, Missus Frode watched the video twice and laughed out loud.  I don't know why... ::))
Frode
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.

Offline Bent Rig

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 03:27:14 pm »
Nice ! That's awesome and you could see the uncertainty that at any moment you may be caught !  ;)
Syracuse , NY------------"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 06:29:05 pm »
Thanks guys!  ;D
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 06:52:22 pm »
Twack thud...excellent...I loved the zen kneeling thing you have going on there.
You nailed that sucker kleenex box...those things deserve no mercy... they don't make good eating tho' ::).
Seriously, nice vid, can't beat that first arrow from a new bow.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline barebo

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 08:44:11 pm »
That's too cool....been there and done just that - cardboard box with rags instead of kleenex box - that is good stuff - nice bow - great shooter- congrats!!

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 09:41:24 pm »
That my day! >:D Thanks!
When you're retired, every day is Saturday