Author Topic: Where can I buy a Flot???  (Read 1887 times)

Offline TheWildCat

Where can I buy a Flot???
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:13:22 am »
I have a book called "The Bow Builder's Book". In it is mentioned a tool called a Flot. Apparently used by Bow builders of the middle ages. It has multiple draw blades and is suposed to leave a even surface as wood is removed. Would love to locate a source fer one a these tools. I can seem to find one on the internet. Dose anyone know of the tool or where I might locate one???
"Ifin it Ain't Pork...It Ain't BBQ!!!

TheWildCat

Offline CraigMBeckett

Re: Where can I buy a Flot???
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 03:39:46 am »
Hi TheWildcat,

I have only seen them for sale on an Irish Archery supply site, I originally put a couple of links here but have removed them as I am not sure if they are paying advertisers to the site.

A bit pricey at 32 Euros plus postage.

By the way the usual spelling is Float not Flot.

I just tried to search for the float under the name Multi-Bladed Scraping Plane and got a well known German wood work site, who are advertising them for 28.90 Euro including VAT, if you are outside the EU the VAT should not be charged.

Craig.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:19:32 am by CraigMBeckett »

Offline TheWildCat

Re: Where can I buy a Flot???
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:39:39 am »
Thanks very much fer the information...I spelt it Flot, because that was the way it was spelt in the book. Float makes more since to me, but I didn't know ifin there was a such a word in another language or not. I appreciate the help.
"Ifin it Ain't Pork...It Ain't BBQ!!!

TheWildCat