Author Topic: Tiller Help  (Read 3962 times)

Offline artcher1

Re: Tiller Help
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 09:54:40 am »
How does the bow feel when you draw it? Does one limb feel stronger that the other? If you think both limbs are feeling even strain then it's time to set a positive tiller (if your close to final weight). With your low wrist grip that's going to be important. Just scrape your upper ('bout where the other guys suggested) limb a tad to accomplish this. Once you feel the lower limb tighten up on you at full draw and you bows shows a  slight positive tiller it'll be ready to shoot-in. ART

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 10:44:19 pm »
Alright, I decided to take my tips down a little.  they were at about 7/8 and I took them down to just under 5/8.  Man I am glad I did that. The bow just feels better. It seems like it is easier to draw.  I am in the process of takin a little off of the upper limb  to get it bending a little more. I think the bottom limb is close. The upper limb still feels a little stiffer. I am exercising the bow in between small amounts of scrapeing. So far I think it is starting to come together quite nicely. I will get some pics up tonight to get some more opinions.

Thanks again
Tell
Tell Riley

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 05:15:58 pm »
I'd personally leave the bottom limb alone. And scrape a little 2/3 of the way up the top limb.  At this point with this tricky stave you don't want to develop any hinges and the bottom limb is moving pretty well. Just my .02
Humboldt County CA.

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 06:57:18 pm »
After narrowing the tips and a little more scraping on the top, this is what I ended up with:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Tell Riley

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 09:24:05 pm »
Looks great! If we want to get picky, I would scrape the top limb a bit more. The bottom limb looks weaker than the top. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 03:10:57 am »
Shoot it for a while and then take another look at it....I believe that it's going to be good though....the way it is....good luck.....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 07:45:22 am »
Looks good,Like Jawges said if you have any weight to give It is a little flat about 6 inches out from the top fad in what looks like a 8/10 in section. If you are at the weight you want just shoot it ,Look fine. :) Nice work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good