Author Topic: Sinew backed Juniper Trade Bow (Full Draw added)  (Read 8812 times)

Offline Will H

Re: Sinew backed Juniper Trade Bow (Full Draw added)
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »
WOW!!!!!! I love it!!!  :o
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Little John

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 11:29:55 am »
Very stunning and beautiful bow, your bows are also my favorite to look at and always have been. Amasing attention to detail.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 02:16:54 pm »
Thank you Will and Kenneth,

Stan got his bow and hear is his response,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEY, Stiks and Kelly! Where's the heads-up? I was sittin' here finishing a diet coke and there was a knopck on the door...

A different mail carrier than we usually had was standing there with a "short" slinder tube of pvc pipe!!! 

I wasn't this nervous signing the marriage certificate on my wedding day! OOps! Don't tell the wife that...

Anyway, I politely snatched the tube from the poor fellow's hands and as I turned to slam the door he grunted (The new guy is deaf and doesn't speak I found out later.) and handed the other mail to me. I then ran to show my wife, who was in the shower and ordered me not to open it until she finished!!! Can you believe that?

So I actually sat in my glider and admired the ADDRESS for about two minutes  (Sorry, Stiks there are no flipping chicken graemlins so I'll hafta make do.)

Folks the address was from Bend, OR. from one Mr. Keenan Howard!!! Lord, have mercy on me today. Amen.

It is a skin-backed juniper ambush bow. 50# at 26" and 58" in length. 

Keenan, Stiks was absolutely correct. I cannot put enough gratitude, appreciation, and awe into a simple post. This bow is unbelievable. I ran a dozen arras through it before going to work this afternoon and the zip was incredible!
I'll take a little while to get used to this beautiful piece of art, but I can asure you this will harvest a deer in the not to distant future.

I took the bow to work to show a couple of co-workers and a few regular patrons (I work part- time at the county library) and they were all blown away.

Later I will post pics so everyone can share a little with me.

Thank you so much, Keenan! This is a trully spectacular and beautiful weapon!

Stan

ps Gotta go shoot some more now!
[img] [IMG]http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae45/stansims

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:20:45 pm by Keenan »

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 10:26:23 pm »
keenan, you are a true artist in wood. well done brother.

cody
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline broketooth

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 09:12:40 am »
another beauty keenen. i have to ask, did you belly profile this bow too. ive seen you show this method before and would like to know more. where do you get your juniper / how can i get a piece?