Author Topic: deer for breakfast in texas  (Read 3555 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
deer for breakfast in texas
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:08:47 pm »

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: deer for breakfast in texas
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:18:38 pm »
well..... I was gonna go hunting this weekend.  Can't now.   Just kidding.     :)    We had a fawn show up in our yard when I was a kid, got to keep it inside for a night before my stepdad took it to a shelter or rescure center or something.    -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline billy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 11:37:08 am »
wow, that's pretty amazing.  But I think those are probably farm deer that were domesticated.....I seriously doubt a wild deer would let you get that close it it.....
Marietta, Georgia

Offline robby

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32:04 pm »
I thought it interesting, that the deer ate from every plate, even let the woman hand feed and pet them, but would not go near the two plates, nearest the man. What's it mean? I don't know, just an observation that aroused my curious nature.
Robby

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:30:16 pm »
Billy:  When you come up to hunt rabbits with the Hustons I can show you free rangeing deer that are not hunted that will eat out of a pan at your feet!  That is during the winter months.  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 04:45:11 pm »
I've had wild deer eat out of my hand at Steven Foster State Park in Fargo GA; at the entrance to the Okefenokee Swamp. Had a nice 8 pointer come in and eat from my hand. Outside the gate a few hundred yards away they became wild again and you couldn't get near them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Loki

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »
In England the Parks are full of Red and Fallow Deer,they are used to seeing people so are not shy but your advised not to approach them.If you do approach them and they attack you or your Dog it's your own damn fault,they are wild animals not pets.
People will try and pet them even in the rutting season :) (Idiots) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8in9SGGDHo&feature=related

There's some famous Stags Called Caesar,Percy,Titus and Maximus from the Highlands,these boy's have been top of their game for the last ten years! They fight off younger Stags every Rutt and they'll fight each other for the Hareems :) .Sadly Caesar died this year by falling from a cliff edge :( .
And then Percy Killed Titus during a Rut,he got him on his back and gutted him with his Antlers :( .
(The clip in the article isnt the encounter what killed Titus.)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8291000/8291710.stm

Caesar and Percy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZXaGpY1NlI

Maximus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbG5afO68y8&feature=related
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 12:50:41 pm by Loki »
Durham,England

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 08:41:33 pm »
wow, that's pretty amazing.  But I think those are probably farm deer that were domesticated.....I seriously doubt a wild deer would let you get that close it it.....

This is the Woman I am married to...and my two sons back 14 years ago...My Wife has always been able to talk and walk among the Wild Animals of this Earth...She has a Gift...but this Summer day...She decided to try and take the Boys in close with her...and here are the results....now I could not get any closer than Camera Shot...They know a Predator when They smell one....but look at what can be done when you are at One with Nature....remember thse are wild Deer...not Farm or Zoo Animals

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome