Author Topic: New BBI Finished  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
New BBI Finished
« on: August 18, 2009, 11:52:21 pm »
Hey guy's, it's been awhile since I posted anything, but I thought I'd show ya'll my new BBI I just finished up. I built this one for my dad and now I have more orders due before Christmas than I care to fill. But I'll get 'em done somehow. I've made a few of these and have been working on my handle design and I think this is the one. It really feels good to me anyway. The specs are; 58" 41# @ 28". The woods are Bocote and Cocobolo. I think the tiller could be better. The outer limbs are a little stiff for me but these reflex/deflex bows are a little trickier to tiller. My dad just turned 70 and he really wants to kill a deer this year with one of my bows... I think this one will get the job done. It really flings 'em. Let me know what ya think.

Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: New BBI Finished
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:13:10 am »
Very nice,looks good to me.That should do the job for him. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:03:06 am »
Nice looking bow but more pics would be nice :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:26:28 am »
Very nice, elegant bow, never tried those woods(never heard of bocote), I thought BBI was boo backed ipe???
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 07:37:18 am »
That's a good looking bow...and you're a lucky man to be able to do this for your dad! It will mean a lot to both of you. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 08:21:14 am »
That is a sweet looking bow!! You did a great job.. I bet it shoots as sweet as it looks..

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 08:59:50 am »
Thanks guys.

Dana, I'll try to get a few more posted tonight. Too many bows to build and not enough time for photo shoots. ::)

dragonman, the Bocote (Cordia alliodora) is the wood I used for the powerlam and the middle wood in the handle. It kinda resembles zebra wood. The core wood is Ipe.
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:56:06 pm »
There are some super laminates this month, including this one. We'll look at it again for Aug BOM FUN ;)
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Rich Saffold

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 01:58:50 pm »
I think the tiller is ideal for that bow John. Looks great too!  I just love seeing all these Ipe bows..