Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 3443 times)

PW

New to forum
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:49:31 am »
  Have been enjoying pic and posts here for awhile. What a great bunch of people and knappers.Trying to make some stone points for hunting. Does anyone know if there are regulations on weight or size in Tennessee for hunting points. Hope to build a bow to go with them one day. Here's a pic of my better points. Thanks for your time PW

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DanaM

Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:04:46 am »
Welcome aboard PW, looks like some nice points :) Have no idea of Tenn regulations but I bet Pappy would know.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:10:02 am »
great work ,you been holding out ,I love to look at flint knapping pics!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:36:33 am »
Welcome, looks like you've been busy. All that the TN regulations for big-game arrows say is that: "Hunting arrows and bolts shall be of a barbless design and shall have sharpened blades." They apparantly don't have a minimum width requirement like most states. Just be careful with the corner-notched points, most of them would be considered "barbed" if the ears are at less than a 90 degree angle to the stem.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:35:22 pm »
Nice points PW!! How long have you been knapping? Joe
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

PW

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 02:20:13 pm »
  Thanks for all the replies. Been addicted 2 years now Joe.   :) PW

Offline piper

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 10:04:02 pm »
PW what part of Tenn. are you from? My father in law lives in Butler Tenn on 321 just across the NC state line...

Curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

PW

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 10:25:12 pm »
  Curt, I live in Medina Tn . Its about half way between Memphis and the Tennessee River on the other side of state.

Sleep Junkie

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 11:20:25 pm »
Welcome aboard.  Nice points by the way and I wish I could help you out, but I have no idea of the regulations for you state.  I am sure someone can help you though or at the very least, point you to the right direction. 

Offline Timo

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:07 pm »
Nice bunch of chippin, and welcome to the board.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 05:59:03 am »
very nice chippin
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 08:43:22 am »
Nice box of points,it's good to see another knapped hook up.We love photos so keep 'em comin'
Bone pile
Venice Florida

armels

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 10:55:07 am »
Thanks for the pictures. I am also new to the forum, brand new today. I have yet to do anything in the way of primitive archery activities, but I have been interested in the collecting of the artifacts. I grew up in Missouri and we often found chips and partial heads of different types. Most of that is back at my Dad's place as a family collection. I am not yet sure what area of this addiction I will take up, but I have enjoyed modern archery in the past. I am glad I found this forum.

Thanks again, PW.