Author Topic: 15 mile yew  (Read 11784 times)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
Re: 15 mile yew
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2009, 07:59:16 pm »
Nice bow Pat, must have took a lot of patience and experience to pull that off!!! I'm impressed with how you guys across the sea deal with knots, I'm always scared off by Knotty staves, I must try one and get some knot working experience you have inspired me to try. thanks
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline PeteC

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2009, 11:14:41 pm »
Great job Pat!!I really like that bow.It looks like a sweet shooter to me.As far as huntin',it's only 12 weeks away. ;) God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2009, 12:08:54 am »
Gosh Pete,hunting season coming up fast!    With all the new interest in this bow, I pulled her off the wall and shot my new tapered ash arrows. They are heavy(600gr+) and this bow shoots them well.
  Dragonman, A knotty stave will teach you a life time worth of tricks even if you don't make a bow. A few years ago a friend gave me 3 osage throw away staves. Pure firewood!   Knots, twists, bends and almost anything else you hate to see in a stave. I spent that winter studying these staves and eventually I made 5 shootable bows from these three bastards. I learned more that winter than many other winters making bows. Do yourself a favor and tackle a difficult stave. Even if it doesn't pan out into a bow, the experiences are priceless. ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC