Author Topic: Addicted. Can you stop making bows?  (Read 10143 times)

Offline woodstick

Re: Addicted. Can you stop making bows?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 07:48:35 pm »
nope i hate building bows  ha ha it is fun to take a tree and make a weapon its also good to fail to learn not what to do. thats what makes it fun new things.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

AKAPK

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 12:54:22 am »
I know a good way to kick the habit, Go Broke, Live in an area that don't have trees for bows and get rid of all the Hickory shovel and axe handles. Ah I would end up making a bow from a broom handle Ive been hooked for three years now I'm stuck with a bunch of bows I can't hunt with except the 60 # Osage Dang regulations

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 04:53:44 am »
well once your wife worries more about you looking at trees than pretty girls you have to wonder. >:D
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Colt45

• =]
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 05:19:45 pm »
AKAPK there is always something to make a bow out of!  ;D Good luck breaking that habit  :D Well hey that coffee shop sounds great! I'd totally be there. There needs to be a better way for us to meet up hey? Trade staves and things, talk, build bows, drink coffee. Sounds good to me!
The bow's in there, you just have to find it, and that is Boetry.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 08:17:36 pm »
Steve, our daughter lives in San Diego. When we come to visit her(whenever that may be) I will definitely come and visit your coffee shop and chew the archery fat with you and whomever else might be there. 8)
Pappy, you will have to be able to tell the difference between coffee and tea first! ;D >:D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Badger

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2009, 12:34:55 am »
Pat if you ever plan a visit down here maybe you can show up for our Sunday Pasadena meet, 3rd sunday of every month. We usually have anywhere from 15 to 40 guys show up and we just hang out grind on bows and shoot a little, very informal and your wife would be welcome as well,  Steve

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 12:44:57 am »
I will definite pencil it in on any itinerary we make Steve. I just recently realized how close you were to San Diego. If nothing else I will come for a visit!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sulphur

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2009, 10:35:27 pm »
if my wife catches me staring off into space she says "Your thinking about building bows, aren't you!!!"  Its definitley a strange mistress.

Offline FVR

• http://www.angelfire.com/ga/alionatemysister/
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2009, 11:02:21 pm »
Started in 95 and stopped about 4 years ago.  Made one bow in 4 years!  Well, I just finished one, I have a 58" osage recurve waiting to get sinew, just put recurves in a 43" stave (super short pony), split an elm log, traded for a beautiful hickory qtr., and have a white oak limb justa waiting.

You can venture off the path, but you will always find your way back.
Can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim.
Mountain got it....

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 10:02:57 am »
Steve, our daughter lives in San Diego. When we come to visit her(whenever that may be) I will definitely come and visit your coffee shop and chew the archery fat with you and whomever else might be there. 8)
Pappy, you will have to be able to tell the difference between coffee and tea first! ;D >:D

LoL...I'm with you on this one Pat! Coftee.....yuk....lol... :P  :D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....