Author Topic: putting AL. KNAPIN TOGETHER  (Read 1747 times)

Offline knap_123

putting AL. KNAPIN TOGETHER
« on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:14 pm »
i'm thinking of putting a knapin  and other primitive  skills festival together here on lake martin  at wind creek state park together  for august or oct.   i will also have the help with joe mcculum as well.  if your intrested please let me know  so and if your a dealler  lets  hear it.  i will get more info and post it as i go  if i have enough people  that want to participate.  I ALSO WANT TO GET OTHER INTREST INVOLVED AS WELL, BLACKSMITHING,ATLATL, etc.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: putting AL. KNAPIN TOGETHER
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:08:57 pm »
Hey I will attend if you do.   Me and a buddy will be there.  I really want to learn more about flintknapping and there doesn't seem to be much going on in Alabama.   :) You should also include something about bow-making as well.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:13:40 pm by deftones3333 »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Bill Skinner

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 07:22:13 pm »
There is a knap in this weekend in Moundville Park.  It is 13 miles south of Tuscaloosa.  It is primarily on Saturday.  If you are a knapper, you get in free but you will be assigned a newbee and you have to teach.  Some time you have to supply the tools and rock, some time just knowledge. 

Offline knap_123

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 01:01:47 pm »
ok the date is sept.11th 12th 13th. .  heres a look at the park and i will add more info this arternoon.http://www.alapark.com/WindCreek/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:23:24 pm by knap_123 »