Author Topic: help with pics  (Read 1676 times)

Offline staveshaver

help with pics
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:35:16 am »
I'm trying to post pics but it tells me the "file is too large"  also where it says "file types allowed" it lists  jpg but my pics are labled jpeg . can this be easily fixed or is it a major problem ? any advice would help . Thanks

Offline billy

Re: help with pics
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:51:37 am »
Stave,

First off, try to take your pics at the lowest resolution if you're going to post them on here.  In my camera I can go into the menu and select whether I want my pics taken at 1 megapixel or as much as 5 megapixels.  I take them at 1 megapixel if I plan on posting them here on the message boards.  But they will probably still be too large to post.

So I went to google and searched "Pixresizer".  It is a free program that you can download and that is what I use.  When you open it you just load the picture, then select the size you want ( I usually choose 600x400).  Then I save it to my desktop and upload the resized picture onto here.

You can also resize a large number of pictures, but you must put them all into a folder, and then save them into another destination folder. 

Hope that helps
Marietta, Georgia

Aosda

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 01:20:53 am »
I use "PAINT" (PC not Mac).  Open the picture in paint, select "image";"strecth-skew", and I reduce mine to 25%.  You can then save that image or "save as" and make it a different file than the original.  The max size you can load is 200kb per picture.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:10:24 am »
Or you can do the Cheapo way that I do..... Send the Pictures to yourself....and Outlook Express will ask you if You want to shrink them and to what size....quite foolproof!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline staveshaver

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:01:34 am »
Thanks guys.