Author Topic: First Traditional Miss...  (Read 2864 times)

Danomite

First Traditional Miss...
« on: May 30, 2009, 09:36:05 am »
and I couldn't be happier.  I went out turkey hunting the past couple of weeks and had a blast.  Saw a lot of turkeys, pheasants, deer, and even a raccoon and coyote.  I only had one tom come in close enough to get a shot off.  I was actually about to pack up and head in for lunch when I saw him on the edge of the field behind me.  I called a couple times and he walked right on over.  There was a fence between me and the bird, and I made the mistake of getting as close to the fence as I could instead of backing up a bit more to have have more cover.  He came within about ten yards and just as I came to full draw he caught me and took off.  I tried to get the shot off on him, but I think the arrow hit part of the fence and it soared over his back.  I was a little bummed to miss, but over all I learned a lot from the experience and had a great time being out there.  If I would have had my shotgun I would have been done hunting by the second day and would have lost interest.  This miss has only made me more excited about hunting with a longbow, and I look forward to trying again next year!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: First Traditional Miss...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:12:59 am »
As with most of Us here that do Hunt with Traditional Equipment (and some that build Bows ...do not hunt at all)........... It is not all about the Kill...It is the whole Hunting Experience....just the Idea of being out in the Wilds alone and soaking in the whole experience is what is about for Me...somedays I could care less if I Shoot a Thing...in fact since I took up Traditional Hunting....I take many more Pictures than I do shots at Game!! And you know what?? The Pictures last a lot longer too........... ;)  Welcome to the Family!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 10:40:26 am »
Congratulations on an exciting and succesful hunt.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 09:45:37 pm »
Well done brother! Ive missed a few animals myself and its just as exciting, the hunt is part of the kill and even if you dont make a kill its still exciting and fun. You dont get as big as an adrenaline rush when you take out a modern gun as when you use primitive weapons, thats why i hunt strictly primitive weapons now.  ;D
Modern Day Tramp

Offline lowell

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 11:07:14 pm »
If you can get to full draw on a turkey,  that is an accomplishment all by its self!! 

Good luck on your next full draw!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 08:44:06 pm »
 I'll add to Lowell, If you can get to a Full Draw and at 10 yards that's a hell of an accomplishment, congratulations.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?