Author Topic: Osage Recurve - NOT FOR BOM  (Read 13991 times)

Offline african man

Re: Osage Recurve - NOT FOR BOM
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2009, 05:59:46 am »
Very nice .... I like .... 8)

Chris  ;)
we all die but we all don't live

Offline DanaM

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2009, 09:56:27 am »
Thank you Chris :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Shadow Walker

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 03:41:05 pm »
That is one clean, smart looking bow. If it shoots as good as she looks, you'll have lots of venison in the freezer!
I really like the recurve in it...unassuming, yet graceful...nice job!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 08:10:38 pm »
Thanks Shadow, I truly appreciate your comments, the bow shoots better than I do so I'm hoping for the best :)
Where abouts in Ontario are you? Anywhere near Sault Ste Marie?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Shadow Walker

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2009, 08:26:22 pm »
Hey Dana, I am about a days drive south of the Sault. I live in a very small town called Frankford. It's situated on alongside the Trent River. Frankford is where the ministry of natural resources re-introduced the wild turkey into this area, about 10 years ago, I think.
It was a major success and they have populated and spread quite quickly.Unfortunately, we are not allowed to hunt them in Frankford,( it's retained as breeding ground) we have to go to other areas to hunt them. The only place I know where you can see 30 turkeys in nearly every field and can't even get one!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2009, 08:33:09 pm »
Sounds like yer more down toward Port Huron or Detroit, thats a long haul for me. Too bad about the turkeys but ya know that the experts are always right, thats why their the experts eh ::) :P :D

Manistique, MI

Shadow Walker

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2009, 08:54:11 pm »
Maybe my sense of distance is off a bit (O.K ...a lot)
But it's been a long time since I've been through the Sault. I'm about 1.5 hours from the kingston border crossing into New York. I used to attend a re-enactment in New York. I could buy 10 oz. canvas there for 4.50 / yard. It's over 10 bucks a yard (meter) here.
As for the turkeys, I may not be able to hunt them here, but I have harvested some nice feathers.