Author Topic: dogchew glue finished pics  (Read 2017 times)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
dogchew glue finished pics
« on: February 14, 2009, 03:27:41 pm »
I just finished this glue, heres pics of the chews before and after. It looks optimistic, reminds me of spillages of epoxy, when you peel them  off the work bench, only this stuff is tougher and more flexible! Have got 2 bits of wood glued with it as a test, how long should I leave it before testing?

the skin was cooked at 65-70 degrees c   for 10 hrs, then poured out on a kitchen suface to dry in a thin sheet, then  cut up, it jelled up pretty quick, some I'm hopefull for the sinewing .

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:27:58 pm by dragonman »
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

jstarcher

Re: dogchew glue finished pics
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 04:09:12 pm »
what I like to do after its put into that state is take and OLD (otherwise the queen of the castle will have you executed) coffee grinder and turn it into almost a powder makes it super fast to dissolve when you go to use it.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 07:59:44 pm »
Looks like you got it figured out.  Next, lets see some pictures of the sinew job. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Parnell

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:54:55 pm »
Hello Dragonman,

A few days ago I believe you asked about Ipe/Poplar.  This weekend the poplar backing - less than 1/8" thick splintered.  I've patched it but...

Wanted to let you know since you inquired.

I've enjoyed checking out your posts.

Parnell
1’—>1’