Author Topic: Fast Flight Plus?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Kegan

Fast Flight Plus?
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:56:19 pm »
A few weeks ago I asked a question about FF overlays to help a buddy out. With all the wonderful help, it got me to thinking about using it myself! It seems that it's defiantley more wear resistant, but what sort of performance boost does Fast Flight Plus (the stuff in 3 Rivers) give to a selfbow?

Some one told me it delivers more energy to the arrow, meaning you might have to use a stiffer shaft. Is that true?

Offline Hickoryswitch

Re: Fast Flight Plus?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 07:07:05 pm »
Everything I've read says you need a 5 pound heavier arrow for a fast flight string. I don't know from experience though.
Wayne Silverthorn

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 07:45:09 pm »
With the very low mass that one can get from Fast Flight, it doesn't slow the arrow as much as a larger, more massive string does. If the arrow accelerates faster, it needs to be stiffer.
At least that's what I've gathered.
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 08:48:27 pm »
 The string also doesn't stretch. So when the arrow is released the string does not go past the braced point unless the limb bends forward. Thus the arrow is released from the string faster.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Kegan

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:01 pm »
Sounds like I might benefiet giving FF a try. My birch dowels are about 80-90# before I sand them down, so it would save me alot of sanding if I tried FF (as well as bumping my bow wieght up a bit).

Thanks guys :)!