Author Topic: new member introduces himself  (Read 6803 times)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
Re: new member introduces himself
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 06:53:59 pm »
thanks everyone, I will figure out how to post some bow pics soon as possible
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 11:27:31 pm »
As Broad Head mentioned there does appear to be some interest in Britain.   Check out the thread under Primitive Living entitled "Primitive Archery Growing in Britian"  Good luck to you and welcome to the site.   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline markinengland

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 07:11:19 pm »
Dragonman,

Another Brit welcoming you to the forum and ressuring you that you are not alone in the UK. We now have a primitive class on NFAS, and it is growing in popularity. There are quite a lot of people here who enjoy making and shooting primitive bows. Look up SPTA and PAAS and you'll see two organisations which concentrate on the traditional/primitive type of archery.
It would be good to meet up with one of these days.

Mark in England

Offline Gordon

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 09:20:16 pm »
It's good to have you on board Dragonman. I'm looking forward to seeing your bows!
Gordon

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 09:23:41 pm »
Yes, welcome. It is nice to meet you. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline dismount

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 11:25:24 pm »
Dragonman, I've been on this message board only about 3 months, and can say, you have tapped into the finest people you will ever know. If these people can't fan the flames of bow building in you no one can! Got to know some good englishmen here in Oklahoma serving in the Royal Air Force , they are very friendly, they say I'm an Englishman with a funny southern accent! Great compliment I hope. ;D ;D  Good Luck! Dismount