Author Topic: Yew Longbow  (Read 16603 times)

Offline juniper junkie

Re: Yew Longbow
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2008, 10:52:43 am »
nice job Gordon! as usual, your craftsmanship is something the rest of us can hope to aspire to.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2008, 04:16:25 pm »
Thank you Dave. This bow is rapidly becoming my favorite shooter. I never realized just how sweet yew wood is as a selfbow. I could get used to this stuff.  :)
Gordon

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 12:52:24 am »
any more thoughts on a bowyer gathering this fall?

Offline Gordon

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 01:00:09 am »
any more thoughts on a bowyer gathering this fall?

That's right we were going to do that. I'm game but the weather will start getting iffy on the westside now. Maybe we should try to pull together something on your side of the mountains?
Gordon

Offline juniper junkie

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2008, 11:11:11 pm »
I talked to Brian a while back and he mentioned that his grandma had a farm with a large barn, maybe that would work. it will start getting cold over here for camping out. I am working on a cabin out of chiloquin which would make a cool place for a gathering but it is a bit far for most. we bought it this summer and have been working on it almost every weekend remodeling it.  Keenan and I are excited for the next one in may. same place would be good. been feelling the urge to start building stuff, but all my spare time is consumed on the cabin. Keenan and I are thinking about a late hunt campout with the Tipi, should be interesting...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 06:36:40 pm »
That gathering in May on again? If so I will be there this year. Sounds like it was a blast!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2008, 07:19:17 pm »
 wow! don't know how I missed this stunning bow. Beautiful bow, Gordon, well done.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Gordon

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 09:01:29 pm »
DT, last I heard the east side folks are planning on holding a gathering in May. And I've heard through the grapevine that they have some surprises waiting for us west-side guys when the flight-shooting starts  :o
Gordon

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 10:57:41 pm »
I may be able to add some surprises if they are into flight shooting. How about a 100# longbow?  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Keenan

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 02:12:42 am »
 ;) ;) We are planning around the middle of May like last year. Sounds like we may have an even better turn out on this next one and trying to plan out more activities. Of coarse there will have to be a great prize for whoever bags the first turkey. ;)
  I am still remembering waking to the sound of gobbles ;)

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 03:11:03 am »
Is it turkey season in May? I will get the cammo and game call ready. Primitive hunt only? Stone points only?  8) How much is the game license? Where do I get one?  ;D ;D ;D Gobble gobbble gobbble YUMMMMM!!!!!

Offline Gordon

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 10:55:24 am »
How about a 100# longbow?

Okay, you're on our team  :D
Gordon

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 04:03:58 pm »
Sounds like fun!  ;D