Author Topic: finished new 1st bow...  (Read 6363 times)

Shooter_G22

Re: finished new 1st bow...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 12:44:05 am »
pic

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shooter_G22

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 12:45:04 am »
pic

Shooter_G22

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2008, 12:46:06 am »
pic

Shooter_G22

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 12:47:12 am »
pic

Offline david w.

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 12:50:07 am »
Nice bow :)  i really like it
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 09:03:42 am »
Nice book...I mean story!  ;D  Yeah, I think I'd have had to cook brats with it as well after that first splinter...but goes to show how a broken bow can be salvaged if you want to bad enough. Nice job on the save!

Was that a carbine leaning against the truck bumper next to that selfbow?  :o
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Shooter_G22

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 03:53:22 pm »
Yea GregB,

thats my little m1 carbine...   we have had some big Texas size rattlesnakes spook us in the past and i usely carry a 38 pistol with me when ever i go out just in case...  but this is our 2nd yr at on that land and it was ruff no feeders or blinds or anything and we were gonna be still trying to move arounds some of the terrain and scout a little bit... but we also have been trying to bate some wild hog out there and i know i had my bow handy but we were hunting in pairs...  me with my bow and my cousin in law with my carbine not for him to hunt with  but just to be on the safe side... and my cousin with the bow i made him and my uncle "his dad" with another rifle just in case.  to be on the safe side of rustleing up anything that would be a threat...  we have also seen a mounting lion out there one time driving in at night and there are other cat tracks everywhere out there...

so the rifle was with us just in an emergancy situation only...   we only have about 300 acres of land but it is kinda hilly and all kinds of stuff we are not so sure about...   

we are not Bow hunters this is the second time we have gone out with a bow... so we are still a little weary about heading out in unfamiliar terrain with just a bow...    i know... i know i should hush my mouth talking like that on this site..lol.. but its the truth of it...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 04:00:52 pm »
Nice save shooter, looks like she aught to do the trick. Where are you hunting?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Shooter_G22

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 04:16:09 pm »
hey Cowboy,

i just noticed that you are in springtown...  yea were are hunting real close to you out in Jacsborro...   my uncle is freinds with a guy out there named Eddy Pyle.. he owns a construction company called J.E. masonry and its his land were hunting...   my uncle and him are friends and have worked togathere in the past cuase my uncle is a field supervisor for a differant construction company... and they buddy around alot for yrs.. and eddie dont hunt he is a rancher and he has his cattle and a few horses on another section of acreage  that is fenced off and the 300 acres or so we hunt is a little hilly and he moved all his stock out of there and put it on more flat terrain on about another 300 acres or soo he owns last yr let us hunt the hilly part of his land...   he and my uncle made some kind of deal and he gave us the lease for 2 yrs.. last season and this...

Shooter_G22

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 04:22:46 pm »
thanks David,

for the complimant,  i like it too..  but i didn use a tiller tree or stand on that one and i can see from the pick tht the fades are probably bending more than the rest of the limbs...  i will try and do better on the nxt one...  :)

i need to hurry up and get started on it cuase my other cuosin "his yngr brother" is really wanting his bow already and wants to try and go out with one this yr..

i think i got a better consept of what needs to be done after continouse reading post and looking at pics...

hope to do better on the next one...  and thanks for the complimant and incouragement. ;D

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 05:52:41 pm »
I thought that scenery looked familiar shooter :). You should get something out there, the woods are about crawling with deer around Jacksboro. I'm hunting just East of you between Jacksboro and Bowie. Good luck!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 07:26:36 pm »
 Hey that bow looks like it is launching arrows and holding together plus it looks nice.Great first bow !  My first one is broke and gone.Working on #2. Good job.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington