Author Topic: Wanting help with this design  (Read 1722 times)

elfforce1

Wanting help with this design
« on: August 19, 2008, 03:06:21 am »
I think I may have access to some bamboo planks, which if obtained I plan to make a 3-4ft bow out of it in the style of a bundle bow.  Here's my plan so far and I'll have some questions at the end.

I plan to take a plank and cut it into 3 parts.  The first will be the longest and will be 3-4ft, the second will be 3/4 as long and the third will be 1/2 as long.  The 2nd will be attached to the middle of the back of the bow while the 3rd will be attached in the middle on the belly.

I would like to taper the limbs, so I don't just have planks of bamboo on top of each other.  However, I don't know exactly how much space I should set aside for the middle of the bow for grip/arrows and how wide the tips should be.  If you could help in these areas it would be really helpful, also feel free to comment on this design, rather good or bad.  Thanks again for your help.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: Wanting help with this design
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:17:54 pm »
Sounds good to me......and I would leave 6" for the handle and the tips should be about 3/4" wide, IMO.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr