Author Topic: First cane arrow w/Cherokee Two Fletch (thanks Pat B.!)  (Read 8078 times)

Savate

First cane arrow w/Cherokee Two Fletch (thanks Pat B.!)
« on: July 27, 2008, 09:24:47 pm »
I have my first cane arrow and it flies like a beauty!

Has some turkey feathers from another fella who took one this season and I used an old .38 case as a blunt ("Bunny Buster"!)  Pat B. showed me how to do the Cherokee Two Fletch (not a dance!) and I'm amazed at how straight she can travel.

If I can figure out how to post a video, I'll show you its maiden flight!

Savate

Re: First cane arrow w/Cherokee Two Fletch (thanks Pat B.!)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 09:25:50 pm »
First shot...  :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:37:21 am »
Glad you could make it to the camp-o-rama, Armando.  Now we have a new local convert! ;D 8) The feathers came from Alan(Woodland Roamer).    Pat

ps. by the way, the Soprano was excellent. It added just the right touch to the single malt Hillbilly gave me and was a perfect climax to the venison Scott brought and smoked, the corn Barry brought and big honking taters that Wade brought and the water melon that Mole brought and kept cool in the creek.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 06:06:19 am »
Nice arrow,I need to give them a try. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 06:50:18 am »
Looks good, I've been meaning to try two fletch. Looks like a good use for secondaries. Now if you put a blade on that cartridge blunt you will be ready for some squirrel hunting.

Savate

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 10:50:52 pm »
Thanks guys...I'm just starting out.  I'm really all thumbs but not easily discouraged so I keep trying everything.  Woodland Roamer even hooked me up with a big split log of hickory I hope to coax a bow out of soon (want to try and knapp some heads too!). 

Pat. B: Thank you so much for the opportunity to spend that time with y'all.  I had the best time just being around and listening and absorbing all the great knowledge from you and Hillbilly and Woodland Roamer and all the others (I don't know all their "handles" on here).  I tried not to look like the overly excited puppy peeing all over the floor but man, that was fun! :)

I hope I can come again and stay longer

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 11:36:22 pm »
Armando, You are welcomed any time. If you need any help with the hickory stave or arrows give me a hollow.  ;)  Mark your calender for next year.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TRACY

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:35:39 am »
Nice job. Sounds like you have a new addiction :D. I'll have to try that two fletch and see if I like it.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 09:26:09 am »
Hey Armando, I hope that hickory stave works out for you. Post some pics of your progress when you get started!

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!