Author Topic: When to chase a ring  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Muskyman

Re: When to chase a ring
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2022, 09:51:17 am »
I was also looking at kangaroo rawhide. Waylin has it listed on his website but unfortunately it’s out of stock right now. He has a tutorial showing how he puts it on on his site and I was thinking about going that route. Probably check and see when it might be back in stock.
This stave is proving to be problematic for sure. A couple scraps in the wrong spot and your through to the next ring. I’m thinking I’ll try one last time to get a ring chased. At that point not sure what I might do. It’s like it’s telling me I don’t want to be a bow. It’s basically my practice stave so I’m not going to sweat it either way. I’ve got quite a few more but they won’t be ready for a while so I’m hoping to get this thing made into something.

Offline superdav95

Re: When to chase a ring
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2022, 02:43:02 pm »
The sinew process Dave is referring to is from Pat M, not Pat B....just in case you do a search. Goat rawhide is also a great option if you go the rawhide route. It's very thin and a better option than deer rawhide which seems to be much thicker unless it comes from a young doe. Just another option.

Thanks Steve I knew someone on here would know for sure. 
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com